Data breaches and personal information compromises are increasing day by day due to the fact that a lot of people are still not aware of whether their data or information is safe or not due to a lack of taking care of online accounts or information.
A quick solution to check whether your information has been breached or not
';--have i been pwned? is a website where you can check if any of your emails or phone numbers are in a data breach. You can look online yourself to find out what information was compromised. This website will tell you.
To check if your email account or password was pwned in a data breach, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the website. Enter your email address and click "pwned?".
2. If any of your information has been leaked, you'll see a red screen that says, "Oh no—pwned!" It will show you the number of data breaches wherever your details were found.
3. Go through the "Breaches you were pwned in" part to check the sites where your information was pwned. If you find any of your data change it right away & secure your accounts.
Also Read: How to stay safe on social media. Social media awareness.
There are steps to take if your personal information is compromised or pwned online
1. Change your passwords on a regular basis.
2. Enable two-factor authentication on all of your accounts.
3.Avoid installing or downloading files from unknown or unauthorized sources.
It is critical to monitor every piece of information you share online. Cyber-criminals can use stolen information from these data breaches to target you with phishing emails and other scams. So, it is important that you take the necessary steps to keep your information and identity secured to avoid having your personal information compromised.
* Avoid falling for a scam. It is important to
periodically review and be aware of sites where your information may
have been exposed.